As an Audit Senior, you will play a pivotal role in our audit team, contributing to the success of our clients and the growth of our firm. You will work closely with clients and engagement teams to execute audit engagements to ensure accurate and compliant financial reporting, while providing mentorship and guidance to junior team members. This role involves assessing internal controls, identifying risks, and providing recommendations to improve business processes.
- Assist in developing audit plans based on client needs, industry regulations, and risk assessments.
- Determine audit scope and objectives.
- Lead audit teams in conducting fieldwork, including testing of financial transactions and processes.
- Review workpapers prepared by junior team members.
- Ensure compliance with auditing standards and relevant regulations.
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports detailing findings and recommendations.
- Communicate audit results to clients and senior management.
- Maintain strong client relationships by communicating effectively and addressing client concerns or questions.
- Provide timely updates to clients on audit progress and findings.
Risk Assessment & Compliance:
- Identify and assess financial and operational risks.
- Develop strategies to mitigate identified risks.
- Stay updated on changes in auditing standards, regulations, and industry trends and apply this knowledge to audits.
Internal Control Evaluation:
- Assess and test internal controls to identify weaknesses and deficiencies.
- Provide recommendations for improving internal controls and operational efficiency.
Team Supervision and Development:
- Mentor and supervise junior audit staff, providing guidance and feedback.
- Assist in the professional development of team members.
- Participate in quality control reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of audit methodologies.
- Maintain comprehensive audit documentation and work papers in accordance with firm and regulatory standards.
To be considered, you will need:
- ICAEW or ACCA full qualification.
- Strong knowledge of auditing standards, regulations and financial reporting.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in audit software (CCH preferred), data analysis tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to adapt to changing regulations and technology.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- 25 days holiday
- Opportunity to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible working
- Employer pension contributions
- Aviva Health Care – Discounted premium if join
- Employee discounts and perks
- Company health cash plan
- Free on-site car parking
- Support with professional subscriptions
- CPD and in-house training
- Funded courses
- Exam bonuses
- Edgbaston Botanical Gardens membership
- Regular social events
- JWH charity days & events
- Client and staff intro bonus
- Dedicated wellbeing team