The team that plays together stays together11/07/2022
On 29 June, the team at JW Hinks embarked on a thrilling adventure into the wild world of Mythe Barn, Sheepy Magna, in Atherstone. And as you can see from the pictures, a great day was had by all!
For our latest team building exercise, we enlisted the help of corporate team building experts Eventurous. After breakfast at the office and a 9.30 coach trip, we were ready to take part in our very own Crystal Maze challenge.
The concept of the day will be familiar to anyone who remembers the TV show of the same name. But for those amongst you who do not: teams of people compete in “challenges” to earn a crystal. Those crystals are then converted into a time allowance for a final challenge, wherein the team needs to collect as many tickets as possible.
The challenges were a lot of fun – especially archery – but they were not the only element of the day. We also had a beautiful private Tipi available to us all day filled with refreshments and pastries. This was in addition to a BBQ lunch, and provided a welcome shelter from late-lunch downpours!
While we all enjoyed ourselves, this was also a fitting way to welcome a number of new starters to the JW Hinks family: Hannah Richardson (Property Services), Jake Smith (Audit), and Saarun Hussain (Accounting Services and Audit). Welcome once more to all of you.
The final excitement of the day was a raffle draw, ably co-ordinated by Neal. We are very proud to say that we raised £257 in this raffle, all of which will go to this year’s supported charity, Let’s Feed Brum.
The prizes (and winners) in the raffle were:
- An afternoon sparkling tea for 2, donated by Park Regis, Birmingham, and won by Viv Dickens
- A £100 dinner voucher, donated by Chapter, Edgbaston, and won by Amanda Jobling
- A £100 Amazon Voucher, donated by the Partners and won by Matt Page
- Some gin & gin glasses, won by Rhoda Beetlestone
- A recipe book written by Katherine and Alan from “Lets Feed Brum” which they wrote with information from their travels and a bottle of rosé wine, won by Carron Hall
- A bottle of whisky, won by Shannon Harris
After that it was time for the 4pm coach back to the office. All in all, everyone had a great time, but exercises like this aren’t just fun. They also help to teach us about our own particular ways of approaching team work and problem solving. We can happily say that the day was a great success, and we’re all looking forward to the next one!