Service Charge - Semi Senior Accountant
If you’re thinking about a career at JW Hinks, it is important to ensure we’re the right fit for you. With over 125 years of experience, we have a huge amount of knowledge and expertise. We also have a large pool of talent to learn from and develop alongside. We encourage our team to help us develop and move into the future, so we welcome new ideas and embrace new technologies.
Joining JW Hinks is more than just finding another job – it gives you a real career opportunity, as we actively encourage you to develop your skills and strive for promotion. Many of the business’s partners and directors started at the bottom and worked their way up, and many of them would be happy to share their stories with you.
Your role will include preparing and reviewing service charge accounts for managing agents, residential management companies and commercial landlords.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Prepare Service Charge Accounts. Through excellent client management, attention to detail and account preparation skills for a variety of managing agents and individual residential management companies within specified and strict deadlines.
- Reconciliation of accounts and cashbook. Be responsible for reconciling clients’ accounts and cashbooks.
- Year end expenditure reports. Analysis of year end expenditure reports.
- Filing accounts.Ensure accurate accounts are produced and submitted to Companies House on time.
- Promotion of the Firm. Launch new initiatives to existing and new clients.
- Ad-hoc Duties. Various ad-hoc duties as required by the Firm within the remit of your skills and experience, may include assisting other departments to meet deadlines.
To be considered, you will need:
- Excellent customer service and the ability to build rapport and manage client relationships
- Strong attention to detail and be able to problem solve
- Good time management and planning skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programmes
- It is essential that you are confident in dealing with colleagues, third parties and can work with total discretion
25 days holiday
Opportunity to purchase additional holidays
Employer pension contributions
Aviva Health Care – Discounted premium if join
Employee discounts and perks
Company health cash plan
Free on-site car parking
Support with professional subscriptions
CPD and in-house training
Edgbaston Botanical Gardens membership
Regular social events
JWH charity days & events
Client and staff intro bonus
Dedicated wellbeing team