We are seeking an experienced and motivated Audit Manager with strong leadership skills to join our team. You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our financial systems, compliance with regulations, and the identification of operational improvements. The Audit Manager will play a critical role in maintaining strong internal controls and delivering accurate and insightful audit reports.
This role requires a strong understanding of audit principles, excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage a team of auditors effectively.
Audit Planning and Strategy:
- Develop comprehensive audit plans based on risk assessment and regulatory requirements.
- Define audit objectives, scope, and timelines for each engagement.
- Create audit strategies to maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead and manage a team of auditors, providing guidance and support, including junior auditors and apprentices.
- Assign tasks, review workpapers, and ensure audit procedures are followed.
- Conduct performance evaluations and facilitate professional development.
- Mentor and provide training and professional development opportunities for team members.
- Collaborate with other departmental teams to support accurate financial recording and reporting.
- Lead and participate in on-site and remote audit fieldwork, including testing and documentation.
- Evaluate internal controls and assess their effectiveness.
- Identify deficiencies, risks, and areas for improvement during audits.
- Document audit findings, prepare clear and concise reports, and communicate results to stakeholders.
Risk Assessment and Compliance:
- Stay up to date with industry regulations and best practices.
- Assess the firm’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Interact with clients to explain audit procedures, findings, and recommendations.
- Address client concerns and provide insights for improving financial processes.
- Identify opportunities to enhance audit methodologies and processes.
- Recommend improvements to internal controls and risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure audit work is performed in accordance with professional standards and company policies.
- Review workpapers and audit reports to maintain high-quality deliverables.
To be considered, you will need:
- ICAEW or ACCA full qualification.
- Proven experience in auditing and risk assessment, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of audit principles, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in audit software (CCH preferred), data analysis tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to adapt to changing regulations and technology.
- 25 days holiday
- Opportunity to purchase additional holidays
- Flexible working
- Employer pension contributions
- Aviva Health Care – Discounted premium if join
- Employee discounts and perks
- Company health cash plan
- Free on-site car parking
- Support with professional subscriptions
- CPD and in-house training
- Funded courses
- Exam bonuses
- Edgbaston Botanical Gardens membership
- Regular social events
- JWH charity days & events
- Client and staff intro bonus
- Dedicated wellbeing team